Monday, June 8, 2015

Writing for Television

I mentioned we cancelled our cable TV, but that we have a Roku, so we still can get most shows. One show I cannot get is OUTLANDER (currently my favorite show), which is on the Starz network. Unfortunately they don't allow viewing of their shows online unless you're a cable subscriber. The show is about a young modern Englishwoman in Scotland who gets transported from 1945 to 1743 and has to learn to survive in this hard land. I love time travel and I love history, so this show is right up my alley! It's based on a series of books by Diana Gabaldon. I'm currently on book 2. The show is very close to the first book. Season one just ended and now I have to wait until next April for the second season. My husband reminded me that's the case for most movie sequels. Yeah, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Thinking about how excited I am about this show, reminds me of when I was in college and wanted to be a screenwriter. I did study filmmaking and TV production. I just never made it to LA. I think I would have thrived in a writing group, collaborating on some show. It's too late for that dream, though. I have no desire to live in Los Angeles. Maybe someday when writing teams can come together via Skype, I'll look into that dream again.

If you haven't seen OUTLANDER at all, Starz lets you watch the premiere episode for free on their website, so enjoy! Warning: It is for MATURE audiences only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...