Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fun and Games

My daughter and I tried a writing game last night. We each started writing a story, then every ten minutes we passed it off to each other to continue or alter. It was really fun! If we couldn't come up with any story ideas we would simply describe the setting or the character then pass it back. Finally my daughter got stuck so we stopped. I intend to get her (and me) doing this exercise every night.

The cure for writer's block? Write something. ANYTHING! Jot down a grocery list and think about each item, then write a description of each item in detail. Maybe it will spark your imagination and maybe it won't, but at least you are getting your body into the act of writing. Eventually your story will come. That's my theory, anyway.

Have a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...