Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Illiterate Princess

"Why have you awoken me!"
"It is time for the royal breakfast, Your Highness. I have a tray full of your favorites, along with your most recent correspondence. And I believe you used that word incorrectly. Here, let me help you up."
"Don't touch me, peon! And which word do you refer to?"
"You said 'awoken', which is past tense, but you used it in present tense. 'Had awoken' works, or 'have awakened'. Also, you should say 'to which do you refer', not 'which do you refer to'."
"Hmpf! How dare you correct myself!
"You can just say 'me', not 'myself', um, Your Highness."
"Your position as my assistant does not extend to correcting grammitical--"
"Grammatical."
""--errors. Hey!"
"Forgive me, Your Highness. And it is unbecoming to use that expression."
"You overstep again."
"Very sorry."
"Very fired. Bygone with you!"
"I think you mean begone."
"Grrrr!"

This has been a writing experiment. Could still you tell what actions were happening in the scene even though I only used dialogue? I hope so.

Thank you to my daughter and husband for giving me the idea to write this piece.

Have a happy day! And please be kind to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...