Monday, June 29, 2015

Positive Affirmations

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"

Thank you, Stuart Smalley! It is time to hop back on the positivity train. I have been angry and irritated by ignorance recently. This is why I don't usually watch the news. I find out about current events via word of mouth. If I need more information, I Google it.

I have been doing three forms of daily writing since I started this blog. And I have been sticking to it! YES!

First is this blog, of course. I write whatever is on my mind, whether it's about writing in general or just what I need to express.

The second is my diary, where I write about the events of the day. It's something that will be fun to read when I'm older.

The third is my affirmation journal. This is a simple list of things I want. But instead of writing them as, "I want this" or "I need that", I write things as if they have already happened. "I am a successful writer", "I bring joy to readers all over the world", "I am creative and express myself well", etc.

I know what you're thinking. If affirmations are so great, then why hasn't anything happened yet! Well, it's not enough to just write things down. You have to believe them. You have to imagine what it feels like, the emotions it invokes. That has been my problem. I never really believed what I was saying. Now I will imagine myself living these truths and feel the gratitude surge through me. And so it is.

Do you write down affirmations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...