Friday, June 12, 2015

Sum Sum Summertime!

Today is the first day of summer. My daughter had a lovely graduation ceremony yesterday and she is at a pool party. Lucky her! I'm at home working with my husband. He's a comic book inker for DC Comics (www.mickgray.net) and I usually assist him, filling in the black areas on the art. It saves him a lot of time and I enjoy it. It's very meditative. Unfortunately today is what our electric company calls a "smart day". It's when we need to cut back on our power usage due to the extreme heat and overabundance of running air conditioners. I think our rate triples during the hours of 2-7 pm. My husband works at home every day so it's hard for him to cut back. The office is the hottest room in the house, too. For years I've been bugging him to get an awning for the room. I think I'm just going to do it myself, hire somebody to put up a shade. We used to have one a long time ago and it was great, but I haven't seen one like it since. It was made of a canvas material over an aluminum frame. It was pretty cheap, too. Anybody got any suggestions?

Stay cool... in all ways.

And no, I have not started on my character studies. I think my next post will be on avoidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...