Friday, June 5, 2015

Journaling Has Begun!

The other night I picked up my old diary. The last entry was from 1993!!! WHAT?!? That's just shameful.

It was fun reading some of the entries with my husband, especially since I started it the day of our first date in 1990. On the page facing the last entry I wrote 20 YEARS LATER...

Last night I started writing in it again, trying to say in a few paragraphs, all that had occurred in the last 20+ years. It was pretty late, so I had to stop after three pages. This is the dilemma I face as a writer. It's almost all or nothing with me. I get into a zone and I have to keep writing, writing, writing. I can't work for just an hour or a few minutes. A blog post is different. It's just a quick thought. It's when I start writing a story that I want to keep going. I could write for hours and suddenly notice half the day had flown by. I need to find that happy medium, where I can dedicate an hour or two each night to just work on my stories. I think it will be easier when my daughter starts high school. She will have lots of homework each night, so maybe we'll both sit at the table together and get our work done. That's the plan.

Happy National Cat Day! (yes, it's really a thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...