Saturday, June 6, 2015

High Anxiety!

Actually, I had another title in mind: Social Anxiety. That reminded me of one of my favorite comedy songs, I Feel Fantastic by Jonathan Coulton, which then reminded me of the Mel Brooks movie.

Yes, folks, that is how my mind works. I'm sure my husband will tell you how much fun it is living with me.

Seriously, though, I do have a touch of social anxiety. With people one-on-one I'm fine. In a small party I do pretty well, usually keeping to the side with a couple of friends. But don't take me out in a crowd. I tense up and almost always end up wanting to hit someone. In the old days, before meditation, I sometimes did. Now I just take a deep breath and bite my tongue. If possible, I avoid crowded situations. No more concerts, which is where my lovely family is today. They went to Live 105's BFD, which is an all day rock festival. I love music, but I would have been miserable out in the hot sun with too-loud bands and screaming fans. I used to love rock concerts, but that was back when I was my daughter's age. Now I'm an old fuddy-duddy.

I'm also still getting over a cold, so today I'm mostly laying on the couch reading and falling asleep with the dog on my lap. Of course, I had to get up and write my blog post. Yay! And after 21 days it will have become a positive habit. That's the theory anyway.

Before I go back and crash on the sofa again, I leave you with this lovely fan video of Jonathan Coulton's comedy masterpiece...
(FYI, I have never taken pills for anything other than pain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...