Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Anger Management

Is it just me or has society been raising people become even more inconsiderate? Nobody thinks about anyone but themselves. I know it's nothing new, but it used to be more subtle. Nowadays people have no problem crossing the street like snails, or booming their car stereos so other drivers can't hear their stress-relieving spa music, or block traffic when it's not necessary.

Yesterday when driving into my neighborhood a man was having a conversation with someone in a car, right in the middle of the street. He saw me and gestured that he would be just a minute, like I'm supposed to just sit and wait for him to casually finish his conversation, because he's so much more important than everyone else. I wanted to scream at him, "Dude, you couldn't take your conversation to the side of the road???" But I stayed calm...sort of. I managed to squeeze around the obstacle and get home. Maybe it's just my neighborhood. It's not the greatest. We've lived here for over 20 years and in all this time, instead of making more money so we could buy a better house in a nicer part of town, every job I've had has paid less than the one before.

Is it the economy? Or is the universe just trying to tell me I haven't found my right work yet.
"Holly, I'm going to keep doing this to you until you write your novel, because THAT is what you're supposed to be doing!"
"Okay, universe, message received. I'm on it."

Take a deep breath and have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...