Thursday, June 11, 2015

Graduation Day

Today my daughter graduates from middle school. It's hard to believe she will start high school in the fall. Where did the years go? I'm sure every parent says that. We get older, yet we still feel like kids ourselves. At least some of us do. I still remember carrying my little girl everywhere. It always felt so good to have this warm little body snuggled up against me, with her arms wrapped around my neck and her head on my shoulder. Whenever she would look up at me with her arms reaching I melted. It was a sad day when she got too tall for me to carry. She's still my baby, just like my mom still calls me her baby.

Now I understand why we adopted our little dog, Izzy. The moment I saw her I fell in love. When I picked her up, she laid her head on my shoulder and I melted. She had adopted me. Now I have two babies. One of them is growing up into a young woman, but the other will remain baby-size. I think that's what I needed.

Have a beautiful day! I'm sure I will be crying in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...