Saturday, December 26, 2015

Reopening The X-Files

I had heard that my favorite TV show of the 1990s is being resurrected next year. My daughter was excited to see it because I had shown her some of the old episodes. But I told her, "You can't watch the new one without catching up on the original series!"

Seriously, there is so much that went on over the 9 seasons of one of the greatest TV dramas ever, I cannot imagine new viewers getting into it without the backstory. Maybe the show will touch on it, show clips, have flashbacks, whatever. I wanted my daughter to see it firsthand and really appreciate the characters and their journey. Thankfully Netflix has all the episodes. We have been binge watching for weeks and are only on season 3.

In order to get through it faster, I have been telling my daughter which episodes are integral to the ongoing story: anything that mentions UFOs, aliens or government conspiracy. Of course we've also had to watch some of the episodes that I remembered being really cool or scary, like the one with the killer cockroaches! I'm also looking forward to the haunted house, where Scully and Mulder found their own corpses buried under the floor. Eeek!

The truth will be out there again in January, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...