Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Alone in the Woods, part 2

How could my friends just up and leave me like that? I walked down the hill back to our campsite. When I reached the clearing it was empty. It was as if we had never been there at all. Even my own belongings were gone!

"Not funny, gang!" I yelled. If those jerk-offs thought I would be going camping with them ever again they had another thought coming.

I checked my watch again. The time read 1:15 pm, the same as when I had checked several minutes ago. I lifted my wrist to my ear. Silence. "Dangit!" I thought I had wound it before we left! I turned the fob until it wouldn't go any further. The second hand started running again, but I had no inkling what time it really was. By the position of the sun in the sky, I would guess it had to be close to dinnertime.

And I had no food or water. Or shelter.

My friends were going to be back any second. I was sure of it. Then we would all have a laugh.

Ha ha, very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...