Monday, December 7, 2015

Getting Into The Holiday Spirit

Tonight we put up the Christmas tree, a fake one we've had for years. It looks pretty real, though. We like to decorate it with pop culture icons like Superman, Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader.

While my husband and daughter started on the tree, I was in the kitchen making one of the few things I haven't screwed up yet: kind bar candy squares. They are very simple and sort of healthy, made with almonds, dried cranberries, coconut, chocolate chips and rice syrup. They are the treats I am bringing to the office holiday party this week. As I was putting them into boxes to store in the fridge I worried that there wouldn't be enough. Well, at least everyone will be able to eat one, maybe two.

After we finished with the tree we all sat down and watched Elf. It's my favorite Christmas movie. I've already quoted Buddy the Elf in this blog, but I'm going to do it again.

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.

Go ahead! Sing like there's nobody watching... or listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...