Thursday, December 31, 2015

Alone in the Woods, part 3

I sat down on a tree stump and waited.

And waited.

I recited the alphabet, counted up to a hundred and tried spelling my name backwards a few times. My friends hadn't come back for me. The sun was getting closer to the horizon line and I did not want to be out here alone in the dark.

I had two choices. I could go back to the cave and sleep there until morning or I could try to walk back to town.

Both held little appeal. Janice was the girl scout, not me. I didn't even want to go on this stupid camping trip. I hated the outdoors! I longed for my clean bedroom, with my pink canopy bed and princess telephone. I wanted to paint my toenails, while watching The Tonight Show. Slumber parties beat camping trips any day of the week.

Deciding there was no way I'd make it back to town before nightfall I headed back to the cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...