Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Creating Book Covers

Last night I was doing research on book covers. I was finding sites that sold images and thought about creating my own. I could have done it, but it turns out it's a much better deal to buy one from a cover artist.

I've been spending a lot of time on kboards, which is a site for kindle fans. There are many authors on the site who offer advice to newbies like me. I found a thread about book covers and found several artists. I compared their prices and decided to start with Ebook Indie Covers. Artist Melody Simmons can do any style of cover. She does custom work, too, but I was in a hurry to publish a short Christmas story and she happened to have the perfect cover for an amazing deal. I would have definitely spent more in resources and time trying to create my own. I didn't need the headache.

And I got my cover this morning! How's that for a Christmas miracle? Thank you, Melody!

Now i'm off to figure out how to convert my word document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...