Monday, November 16, 2015

To Unfriend or Not Unfriend

The other day I posted about the terrorist attack in Paris. I don't usually post about such heavy stuff, but so many people were talking about it and it really got to me.

Sadly, I tend to zone out when I hear the words "terrorist" and "military" because I'm already so paranoid and upset to know these things are going on in our world and I don't want to hear about it, lest I become Agoraphobic completely (I already don't like to leave the house). I don't know why this Paris attack affected me so deeply. I've never been to Paris and I don't know anyone there. Maybe it's because I think of Paris as a hub of artists and I identify with that.

I share all my blog posts on Facebook because it's the best way to lead people to my blog. Right away a friend of mine attacked me with this meme.

I say attacked because that is exactly how I felt. It's like they were telling me who I could and could not grieve. I have asked this person to stop commenting on my posts because they say things in a very hurtful way.

It's like they were calling me a racist because I'm not posting about the atrocities that happen in other countries. I don't usually post things about other countries, period.

I'm sorry our government is also apparently a terrorist organization. I have complained about "the war", too.

I'm sorry I'm not voting for your perfect candidate. I don't think they stand a chance, so I would rather use my vote to prevent someone horrible from getting into office. That may change. Who knows?

I'm sorry, but I believe that no matter who becomes our next president, they won't be able to stop the military machine. There are too many powerful corporations out there with too many business interests overseas paying off too many people.

I'm sorry I'm not brave enough to be a vocal political activist like you.

All I can do is voice my opinion and hope that somebody with more skills can pick up the ball and run with it.

What I don't need is somebody telling me I'm wrong for feeling the way I feel. They are MY FEELINGS, not yours.

So now I wonder if I should just unfriend this person so they cannot comment on my posts anymore.

To unfriend or not unfriend, that is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...