Sunday, November 15, 2015

High Tide

We went to the beach today and the tide was higher than I'd ever seen it in my entire life. Maybe it had something to do with the storm that hit overnight.

As we trekked down the stairs to the walkway I noticed dark clouds in the distance. My friend assured me there would be no storm today, so I shrugged it off. When we got to the bottom I was shocked. What was normally a good sized beach was just a skinny strip of sand. The waves were coming in and spreading out almost all the way to the cliff.

We decided to go for a walk. After all, we did pay $10.00 for parking. I was getting nervous as the water kept getting closer. About halfway down to the next beach there was a lagoon cutting off our path. The ocean had cut right through the sand, leaving a three foot deep canyon. The few in our group who had removed their shoes tried to walk across the water where it was most shallow.

My family and I stood on the side and shook our heads. It was cold and we had left our shoes on. When the waves crashed and the water rushed in again, the lagoon started to fill like a rushing river! Our friends shrieked and ran back to us. Then we all went back to the car. It was still fun, even if we didn't get to go the entire length of the beach.

We all drove to Santa Cruz and had a nice lunch.

The photo above is my husband and me next to the lagoon. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...