Friday, November 13, 2015

Starbucks is Evil

I'm not making a political statement or anything. I'm just saying Starbucks is The Devil. Every day I say I'm going to avoid that place and every day I find myself wanting to go there. On many days, I find myself going there.

Their coffee isn't even that good. I swear they must have heroin or something in it! I just can't stay away!

Or maybe it's that I love the style of their stores. They're all a little different, but arty and inviting. Their cups are adorable, They always have some great gift items (usually way too expensive, so I wait for the clearance sales).

They have a membership plan, ways to earn extra bonus points towards free coffee and food. I have gotten tons of free lunches out of them. Of course, their coffee is way overpriced, so I guess it averages out. Actually, I think coffee drinks cost pretty much the same everywhere these days.

To top it all off, they came out with an app that lets you order and pick up, usually within five minutes. So if I'm rushing to work in the morning I can place my order and pay with my membership card via the app, rush past the twenty people in line and grab my stuff, which is waiting for me at the pick up area.

Damn you, Starbucks, for making me so addicted to you!

If only Peet's had a points program. *sigh*

Gotta run. My cafe mocha is getting cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...