Thursday, November 26, 2015

Pirate Fantasy, part 3

Edward forgot how to breathe as he gazed upon the girl in the window. She had golden hair that hung to her waist, full pouting lips and big sad eyes. He wanted nothing more in this moment than to make them shine with joy. Why was she so unhappy? Could she be a prisoner? He hadn't been made aware of such happenings here. He knew this island well, including every access point to the entire fortress. If she was being held against her will he would make it his personal mission to rescue her.

"What you lookin' at?"

Edward barely heard Cookie, but spoke, still mesmerized. "An angel in white."

"Ya don't say? Might I take a gander at such a vision? I've ne'er seen an angel meself."

Reluctantly he passed his glass to his friend and pointed. "See that light in the distance there?"

"O'ho! She is indeed a beauty. So sad, though."

"I think she may be a prisoner."

"Or perhaps she's Hopewell's daughter. I'd be miserable too, were he my da."

Edward chuckled. "Either way, we need to get her out of there."

Cookie nodded. "I agree. Fire is about to erupt. We don't want the little lady caught in the crossfire. 'Sides, she might be mighty grateful, if ye catch me meaning."

"I do, indeed." Her gratitude would be most welcome, especially if she afforded him a thank you kiss. "I need to tell Captain."

"You do that," Cookie smiled knowingly as the boy walked away. He was the only other one on board who knew of the captain's illness, but had sworn loyalty to Edward. He knew the rest of the crew would do the same when they found out he had been their leader all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...