Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Yellow Glowing Eyes (Black as Ink, part 4)

Here is part 4 of my freewriting exercise.
Read Black as Ink, part 3 here.

So the stories were true. This was the infamous waterhorse. I held my breath, not knowing what to expect, but nothing happened. We just stared at each other for a moment. His face was kind and he had curious yellow glowing eyes. Don't ask me how I knew it was a he. I just did. He nodded at me and I nodded back, in shock. He tilted his head in question and I knew what he was asking. Maybe it was telepathy.  He wanted me to go with him and become his wife. How was that even possible? A human/dragon romance would never work! 

I shook my head. "I'm a different species! I breathe air. How could I ever be your wife?" 

He smiled at me. "I am magic," he said. "Anything is possible if you believe."
---

Just believe, y'all.

Read Black as Ink, part 5 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...