Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Black as Ink

Last night I mentioned the phrase that kept going through my mind, the night was black as ink. Let's see what I can come up with in five minutes. Ding!

The night was black as ink. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face, even as I lifted it towards me, bumping my nose. It had been two days since I set sail in this little boat in an attempt to cross the loch. I suppose it was bigger than I had realized. I hadn't seen the shore since yesterday. Maybe the wind was just blowing me around in circles. Or perhaps I had passed through that portal the locals whispered about.

Ooh, spooky, eh?

Okay, I am patting myself on the back for at least making an attempt to write something this morning. Maybe I will do that from now on, give myself five minutes to concoct an intriguing first paragraph. If it leads to something more, cool. If not, no big deal. I will have fulfilled my writing assignment.

Now go do something intriguing today!

Update! I have continued this story. If you enjoyed it, read Black as Ink, part 2 here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...