Saturday, July 18, 2015

White Blinding Light (Black as Ink, part 3)

My friend posts the most gorgeous nature photos. How can you not be inspired?

The five minute freewriting exercise continues.
Read Black as Ink, part 2 here.

There were no sounds, not a tweet or a chirp or a hum. I couldn't even hear the water lapping against the boat anymore. That could've been due to the fact it wasn't moving. The loch was smooth as glass. I reached out to touch the water, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The mist surrounding me went from blueish to a blinding white, almost like a spotlight. I felt like I was in that old movie, The Truman Show. I expected to hear the voice of God (or my producer) any moment. Instead, the fog began to part and I found myself staring into the face of an animal, the likes of which I had never seen.

This is fun! I like giving myself short bursts of time. It takes away some of the pressure. I don't have to be perfect. I just need to write something.

Have a great day!

Read Black as Ink, part 4 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...