Monday, July 13, 2015

Just Be Yourself

I watched a really good movie last night. I did write a little bit before watching the movie, so there.

I've had this film in my Netflix streaming queue for awhile, but haven't had a chance to watch it. Last night as I scrolled past I picked it because the rest of my family doesn't necessarily want to watch romances... not to mention a transgender romance! The film had originally caught my eye because I recognized Michael Welch on the cover. I've been a fan of his since Joan of Arcadia. He played Joan's little brother.

The movie is called Boy Meets Girl. It is the story of Ricky, a transgender girl living in a small Kentucky town. She's a waitress by day and a fashion designer by night. Though at first it appears to be a lighthearted story about her daily life, it is so much deeper. I burst into tears at the ending. Happy tears. I seem to do that a lot lately.

It's official. I have become my mother. I used to tease her so much about crying over movies. She used to call me the rock because I never did. The tide has turned. Literally. It now runs down my face during emotional movies and songs.

FYI, the main character Ricky is played by a real transgender actress named Michelle Hendley. I was curious about her and looked up her YouTube videos. Here is one about her transition. It's amazing!

Remember, it's better to always be yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...