Monday, July 6, 2015

Plumber Cracked

Ah, the joys of home ownership. Being responsible for every little thing that goes wrong in your home is not fun.

Last week we discovered that the drywall behind our water heater was disintegrating. I noticed the wall looked sort of bubbly, and when I touched it, my finger went right through. I called in a drywall repairman to see if he could tell what had caused it.  He knew right away there was a leak in the pipe behind the wall. It was covered with corrosion. Great. I called a few plumbers to come in and bid on repiping the whole house, since it is over 60 years old and we probably need them.

One of the plumbers showed up while we weren't here. My husband had forgotten he was coming. Hubby immediately called to apologize and made a new appointment for today. Well Plumber Guy did not show up. Was that to get back at my husband? If so, that's no way to run a business. I won't be calling that guy back.

What has been your experience dealing with repairmen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...