Monday, October 12, 2015

Words

This is an open letter to anybody who thinks it's okay to say whatever they want on Facebook (and elsewhere online), no matter how hurtful or thoughtless.

NEWSFLASH:  It is not okay.

The next time you get the urge to comment on someone's post, please pause for a moment and read what you just wrote. Is it helpful or hurtful? Are you adding to the conversation or sidetracking it?

Do you really want to make your friend feel like crap? Is it necessary to spit all over them? Were they even asking for a debate or were they simply sharing something they liked?

If you really have a problem with something a friend posts you can always start a thread on your own page and invite others to debate with you.

There have been so many times when I have caught myself feeling negative towards someone else's post and I type up a diatribe about why they shouldn't like something. Then I pause and read my words. Many times I delete them and move on to something else.

There is so much negativity in the world. Do you really want to add to it?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...