Thursday, October 29, 2015

More About Clowns

Why is it that clowns bring joy to some while causing nightmares in others?

When I was a kid I went to the circus. The clowns there were funny, doing all sorts of slapstick with each other and throwing buckets of confetti at the audience. While I smiled at the antics, I was seriously creeped out by the makeup and hid my face whenever one of them came near.

Years later I watched the movie adaptation of Stephen King's It, whose antagonist can shape shift into an evil clown. That didn't help. This photo reminds me of that character.  *shudder*

In my story, The Clown, the narrator loves clowns. Her boyfriend takes her to a place he thinks she will enjoy because it celebrates them. Unfortunately, it changes her perspective.

How do you feel about clowns?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...