Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Clown, part 4

I whirled to face my boyfriend, the guy that was supposed to love me and make me feel safe. I gave him a big shove and he stumbled away.

"What was that for?"

"You booked us in a hotel next door to a cemetery?!? What the hell, Brad!"

"Why is that so bad? They're dead. They're quiet. You wanted someplace restful--"

"Not the best choice of words right now, Brad!"

"Aww, hon, don't tell me you're scared." He pouted and strutted towards me.

"Stop it," I said weakly, trying not to giggle at his puppy dog eyes.

"My girl is braver than that." He put his arms around me again. "You are fearless. And there really is nothing to fear."

"What about ghosts?"

"What about 'em?"

"I don't want them to come over here."

"Why would they do that? We're not very interesting. Oh, maybe they could be voyeurs. We might put on a show for them."

"Oh, hell, no! I am not having sex next to a cemetery."

"Wha--?" He gasped as I poked his chest.

"You've only got yourself to blame, pal. Did you honestly think this would be romantic? I am seriously creeped out! FYI, we are leaving in the morning." I moved away from him and was once again drawn to the window. Another light shined over the area and caught the flash of yellow and blue stripes. The clown was walking among the graves! 

Suddenly I couldn't remember how to breathe, the room began to spin and everything went dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...