Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happy Inktober!

Inktober is a challenge every October for all artists to do one ink drawing each day for 31 days.

My husband teaches a comic book inking class and one of his students gave him a little sketchbook in honor of this event. He has taken it to heart. He has promised to do one sketch each day in that little book. He has such a hard time just letting go and allowing himself to sketch. Hopefully this challenge will help him get over that. Being an inker is all technique and care. Sketching is the complete opposite. I am so proud of him for committing to this challenge. Maybe it will start a new positive habit. Today was day one and his first sketch is beautiful and thoughtful! Of course, it's Batman, but that's okay. Mick is all about the Bat.



Challenging myself sure helped me! I have been faithfully sitting down at my writing blog every day to just freewrite. I try not to give a lot of thought to what I put down. I just start writing and see what develops. It takes away much of the fear. I can't fail because there is no right or wrong way to do this.

Just DO it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...