Friday, October 2, 2015

School Clubs

Today my daughter's high school had a club fair. That's where any student who wants to start a club sets up a table and pitches their ideas. Originally, she had planned to create a movie discussion group, where students would get together and watch movies and discuss the plot and characters, maybe write reviews for fun. She changed her mind and backed out at the last minute, but my husband decided to create one of his own! Cool school, eh?

He's a music fanatic and always wanted to teach History of Pop Music, so he is inviting students to join him for an hour a week to sit around and listen to different styles of music and discover what influenced their favorite music of today.

He was unsure if people would even sign up, but at the end of the day he got twenty participants!

Since my daughter decided not to run a club this year, I have invited her to create a new blog with me. It will be a mother/daughter movie review site. We both love movies and we love discussing them, so I think it will be fun. I will post a link soon!

The biggest surprise is that my daughter ended up joining two other groups: Concert Club (a performance group for aspiring musicians) and California Scholarship Federation (a group that helps students earn college scholarships). I am so proud of my girl. I'm always reciting one of my favorite Jamie Lee Curtis lines (from the Freaky Friday remake) to her, "Make good choices!", and she's doing it. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...