Sunday, October 4, 2015

Subway Canine

Thanks again to Paul Myers for his inspirational photo!

I could feel the tension in the crowd around me. It was Monday morning and nobody wanted to be there on that subway platform. We were all heading to jobs we hated. 

Imagine if we could all play "musical jobs", where one week each month people could rotate into different positions. We would all find the perfect fit. For now, we were all misfits. I heard the train approaching and glanced over to see the headlight getting closer. The tension grew thicker if that were even possible.

The train stopped and one by one people stepped into the car in front of me. Magically, the tension began to dissipate, body language relaxed. I could hear laughter. As I got closer to the door the energy became joyful. What the heck was going on?

I stepped into the train car and was greeted by an adorable sight. A small dog on a leash was laying spread out on the floor acknowledging each passenger as they came aboard. It's head tilted in curiosity and every time someone chuckled it would raise its ears. 

I smiled and then giggled happily, remembering the old saying, "Dog is God spelled backward."

---

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...