Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Needles

He was coming towards her with a needle in his hand and an evil grin on his face. She was frozen with fear, her eyes widening with every step he took. Her body began to shake and a cold sweat prickled her back. She had nowhere to run, backed into a corner. Maybe she could kick him and dart past. Nobody would try to stop her. She was too fast. 

She would scream at all those people waiting outside. "I will never be like you! Never! I don't need this! I'll show you all."

She got ready to kick out, when suddenly she felt a hand grip her ankle.

"Don't even think about it, missy."

"Mommm," she whined.

"Here we are, sweetie. This won't hurt a bit," he said sweetly as he took hold of her arm. "Well, maybe just a teeny bit."

Jerk.

Captured! She squeezed her eyes shut against the cold swab of the cotton ball. Tortured!

"Now just relax."

No escape!

"Good girl. We're all done here."

Done? Huh. That didn't hurt much at all. 

"Thanks, Doc!" She hopped off the exam table and skipped out into the waiting room of the injection clinic. She laughed at all the crying children. 

What a bunch of babies!
--

This story was inspired by a trip to the injection clinic today. My daughter and I got our flu shots. I was this little girl... still am. I hate needles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...