Friday, January 8, 2016

Yoga with Adriene

I have mentioned this YouTuber before, but I think I am going to mention Yoga With Adriene more often, mainly because she is my favorite online Yoga teacher. That's saying a lot because I work at a Yoga center and have taken many classes there from many different teachers. While they are all lovely instructors--and it is nice to have someone there with you to answer questions or to position you properly if you need help--it is so fabulous to be able to work out in the privacy of your home and not care if you fall over onto your butt.

Adriene Mishler teaches yoga for everybody or every body. She is sweet, funny and bold. She laughs at herself and gives you permission to do the same. She has a soft voice, but it sounds like your best friend chatting with you rather than some overly spiritual "Yogi" (I have seen some videos that have creeped me out, like these instructors were under mind control or trying to use it on others.). Adriene is your buddy giving you a gentle nudge to "do what you know you should do" and get your body and mind in their best shape possible.

Visit Yoga with Adriene on YouTube or her website. She has videos for all levels and for pretty much any symptom you might have: headache, pms, cold, depression, back pain, etc.

Maybe it's the fact that Adriene has a theatre background like me and she treats Yoga like any other body movement or dance class. They are all important for different reasons. Yoga moves your inner light and brings it out into the world.

Why don't I do it more often??? I always feel better when I do it Always.

Today's workout was "Freedom Flow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...