Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Alone in the Woods, part 9

I whirled back to face a man dressed in a blue uniform and my heart nearly stopped. I swallowed hard and put on a fake smile.
"Hi!" I put out my hand, but he just glanced at it briefly before staring into my wide eyes. "I'm from the local talent agency. I was told to come here for an advertising campaign. I'm just waiting for the crew. Hopefully this is the right walkway. Is there another walkway that's more central? Have you seen a camera crew? Have you seen others dressed like me? We were told what to wear. I know my clothes are totally trippy, but that's all it is. A costume." I took a deep breath and the blue stared at me like I was crazy. I was getting used to it.

"A commercial, huh? That's pretty retro. Nobody does that anymore, well not since the twenties."

"The twenties?" The twenties?!?

"I know it's hard to believe it's been ten years already since the end of network television." He looked at my outfit for a few moments and nodded. "You do look vintage. Is it for that Remembrance store?"

"Yes, I think it is! The agency didn't tell me that much. It think it's a secret campaign."

"Okay, I won't tell a soul."

"Hey, thanks! If you see the crew would you let me know? I'll just wait here so I don't accidentally walk off and miss them."

"Sure. And if I run into them I will bring them over."

"Wonderful! I really appreciate it!" My fake smile was still frozen in place as he walked away. What the hell had he been saying? The end of network television? The twenties? He couldn't have been referring to the 1920s. There was no TV then. I had to take a chance and find out more. Apparently my story was believable enough in case anybody looked at me weird or asked questions. I ducked into the first open door I came to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...