Monday, January 11, 2016

Sad Day

Last night we found out about the death of an icon. David Bowie died. We were stunned. Our first thought was it must be a hoax! Sadly, it was not.

My husband is one of David Bowie's biggest fans and had been giving tributes on Facebook just two days earlier, for Bowie's birthday. He was overjoyed to have received Bowie's new album Blackstar in the mail on that very day! On Friday he shared the title song with his "History of Popular Music" class at our daughter's high school (it's called a club, but Mick does all the talking.). This morning he broke the news to our daughter, who shares a birthday with the rock icon, and she was devastated as well. My heart is aching, too. I loved David Bowie, as a songwriter, musician, performer and trailblazer.

As I write this, my husband is playing "Life on Mars" on the turntable and I am in tears.

RIP David Bowie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...