Thursday, January 14, 2016

Alone in the Woods, part 8

The shopping center was massive. When I stepped through the walkway I could see another row of shops on the other side of a parking lot. The cars looked like a rainbow sea, with designated areas for each color. I hung back in the shadows observing the people who seemed to be dressed as colorfully as their vehicles. Bright red, yellow and pink (for the children) matching outfits passed by each other without acknowledgement of any kind. There were a few people dressed in blue positioned every few feet.

These must be what that strange family had warned me about. They looked like military of some kind.

My head was spinning. This had to be a dream. A very vivid dream. I could smell food cooking and could feel the heat of the sun. I was too scared to walk among them. I would stick out like a sore thumb in my orange pants and lime green gingham shirt.

I was about to slip away quietly, when a voice behind me asked, "Who are you? How did you get here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...