Friday, January 29, 2016

Movie Review: Tomorrowland

What is it about Disney movies always making me cry? Am I just getting weepy in my old age?

In Tomorrowland it was the hopeful message that got to me. I had read a review that said the movie was too preachy. What does that even mean? When I hear the word preachy I think of something negative, like someone is trying to hit me over the head with a Bible or something. Tomorowland was merely telling me not to give up on our world, to keep dreaming.

The story follows Casey, a teenage girl who gets slipped a mysterious pin that when touched shows a vision of another dimension. The pin turns out to be a recruitment device that had once been intended to attract future scientists, people needed to fuel Tomorrowland.

Although Tomorrowland had been dormant for over 30 years, one of the recruiters was still searching for someone to save the dying world.

I loved this movie. It was fun, exciting and the special effects were incredible! I think that everybody should see it, especially if they have a negative view of the world. It's all about hope. And feeding the right wolf...

"There are two wolves who are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. The question is: which wolf wins?"

"The one you feed."

Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...