Sunday, January 3, 2016

Alone in the Woods, part 4

A cold wind blew through me as I approached the mouth of the cave. It was almost as if the darkness was calling me. I held my breath, but went inside anyway. Immediately I felt warmer. Yes, this would definitely be better than trying to sleep out among the trees, where anything could fall on my head. Leaves. Bugs. Bird poop. No thanks.

Afraid I might get lost again, I decided against walking in any farther. Besides, if Yogi or Boo Boo was lurking inside I would easily be able to run out and climb a tree. 


Wait. Couldn't bears climb trees, too? Dangit!


I found a smooth piece of ground and curled up. A good night's sleep was all I needed. Then I would be able to hike back down the road to town and find a pay phone. Boy, were my friends gonna get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...