Thursday, January 7, 2016

Alone in the Woods, part 6

"What is it?" I asked.

"You're weird," the little boy replied.

I swallowed. "Thank you for the compliment," I said with a smile. "I pride myself on being different." I looked up at the couple. "Thank you for the water."

"You're welcome," the dad said warily. "What are you doing out here in the woods all alone, if you don't mind my asking."

"My friends ditched me. My friends who are no longer my friends, that is."

"They ditched you?" The mom asked. "You mean they just drove away and left you all alone? Are they insane? You could've been killed out here. You should never be alone. Ever."

I was getting a little spooked. These were the strangest people I had ever met. They were all dressed in matching red outfits, like they were going to pose for a family portrait or something. Their little car looked like a spaceship and had these official little stickers on it giving it access to some special lane. Even their tent was strange. It was round! I had never seen such a thing. Obviously they weren't from around here. Maybe they were from Canada?

"Well, I'll be going now." I backed away slowly, each of us staring at the other. I broke into a run.

"Stay on the road! Don't talk to the blues!" The dad shouted behind me. What the hell? What was a blue? Hopefully I wouldn't find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...