Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 5 - A Place You Would Live

Flash fiction challenge day 5: a place you would live but have never visited.

"O. M. G., Sarah, Viscount Bainbridge is so freakin' hot!"

"I told you! Jeez, Paulette, how long have I been begging you to read A Stormy Affair?"

"You were right. I wish I had read it sooner, then my dreams would be happy every night. I wish I could sail away to Regency England right now."

"Let me just call up Doctor Who and his time machine."

"Could you?"

"Hah! Why would you even want to live in the Victorian era anyway? Women were treated like property!"

"Bridge would never treat me like that. He respects women and thinks of them as his equal."

"You're forgetting that Bridge is in love with Jemma."

"Pfft! I would chase off that mousy little Miss Phillips. What does he even see in her? She's a nanny! A viscount can't marry a nanny, can they?"

"In fiction they can. How would you win him away from his lady love. Tell me, oh wise one."

"Hmm. I think I'd be the daughter of England's most powerful Duke.  I was raised by nuns and run away from the convent in search of adventure. I'd stow away on the viscount's ship and he would find me hiding in his cabin."

"And you think he would marry you?"

"He would take one look at me and tell me he never believed in love at first sight until this moment."

"More like he would make you his mistress."

"Hey, I'm a Duke's daughter! My father would shoot off his family jewels if he disrespected me."

"Your reputation would already be ruined."

"Why?"

"Duh. You were unchaperoned on a ship full of sleazy men."

"Hey, they're classy sailors. The viscount only hires the most loyal and honest of men."

"Whatever."

"He would totally marry me."

"Yeah, right."

"Shut up."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...