Monday, April 18, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 18 - Favorite Color

Flash Fiction Challenge Day 18 - Your favorite color and why

Black. Definitely black.

I check my appearance one more time in the mirror and nod. I look good. Powerful. Strong. Like my grandfather. He wore black.

The color, or lack of color, simply screams, "You better run and hide because this guy is going to hurt you." The helmet helps, too. Mine is a bit different than his, but it's definitely an homage. He was a great man. He was going to bring order to the galaxy. I am going to finish what he started.

I look at my reflection one last time and notice something on the front of my shirt. "Dammit! I can't address the assembly with food stains on my clothing! Nobody is going to take me seriously looking like a slob! Why does this always happen to me!" I pick up a chair and hurl it into the mirror, sending glass shards flying across the room.

I take a deep breath and calm myself. I go to my closet and retrieve a large black scarf, one my mother gave me years ago.  I'm not sure why I kept it, but it was a good thing I did. I drape it across my chest and overlap it, letting it fall down my back like a cape. I shrug. It'll do. I was thinking of a re-design of my uniform anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...