Thursday, April 21, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 21 - The Horoscope

Flash Fiction Challenge Day 21 - Your zodiac/horoscope and whether you think it fits you.

"Oh my God, you have got to listen to your horoscope!" Basil ran into the office and waved the newspaper.

Trevor shook his head. "I can't believe you still read that crap. We're not kids anymore." He tried to ignore his friend and business partner. "You do realize we have a product to ship out this week?"

"Yeah, I know! That's why I have to read this to you! Listen."

Trevor groaned, knowing there was no escape. Since they were kids, Basil had religiously read his horoscope and then the one for each of his closest friends.

"Your business ventures come to a head this week when an important deal comes to fruition." Basil put the paper down and smiled like a crazy person. "Well?"

"Well what?"

"This means everything is going to be a huge success! Why aren't you more excited?"

"I'm stressed out, trying to get to these last minute details by myself because my business partner is too busy reading lame ass woo woo crap to help me!"

"Geez, you don't have to shout. I was just trying to bring you some good news."

"I'm sorry, man. I know you mean well, but the only reason we are going to be a success is because we worked our asses off and we deserve it. But thank you. Now get to work. We have a deadline."

"Okay. Oh, but first I need to go read Jackie her horoscope." Basil ran out of the office, leaving Trevor staring after him in disbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...