Saturday, April 30, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 30 - Woohoo!

One thing you're excited for...

This is the last day of the 30-Day Writing Challenge! Hallelujah! Although it has been a flash fiction challenge for me this entire time, I am making today's entry non-fiction.

That's because when I saw the subject I literally got excited.

The first thing that popped into my head was, "I can finally stop worrying about this stupid daily challenge and focus on my "real" writing. Yeah, I know it's all real writing, but for some reason this daily challenge became a chore. My heart wasn't in it. Plus it was keeping me from what I really wanted to work on. I may have written a few lines here and there, but mostly I kept thinking about this blog. I had to make sure I got my daily entry finished before I could work on my book. Then something would distract me and I let it slip away.

It's so easy to make excuses for not writing.

But now that this 30-Day challenge has ended I feel like I can breathe again. I am looking forward to working on my various novels. I'm actually working on three projects simultaneously. I'm insane, I know. I just haven't found my niche yet, so I'm trying different things to see what sticks. And who's to say I won't write in different genres? I have favorite authors who do that and I enjoy all of their stories.

I will keep you posted.

On to the fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...