Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 19 - Five Fears

Flash Fiction Challenge Day 19 - Five fears that you have.

Some people have the smallest fears but they just feel so huge to them.
--

"Did you check the door?"

"Yes, dear."

"This neighborhood isn't the greatest, you know!"

"I know, dear."

"Oh, did you turn off the clothes dryer?"

"Yes, dear."

"Lint fires happen all the time."

"Mm hmm."

"Did you remember to post that check to the water company? It was overdue!"

"Yes, dear."

"No water, we die. Dehydration is no joke!"

"Yes, dear. I mean no, dear."

"Is the window closed all the way? I heard they were going to spray for medflies again!"

"Yes, dear."

"You don't want to get poisoned in your sleep, do you? I heard that poison causes paralysis! Then you stop breathing!"

"Windows are closed."

"Thank you, sweetie."

"You're welcome, dear."

"Oh, no!"

"What is it, dear?"

"I completely forgot to go shopping today! We have nothing for breakfast! I'm a terrible wife. I'm so sorry, sweetie. Can you ever forgive me?"

"Stop worrying about everything. All is well. I love you and you could never be a terrible wife. We can just go out for breakfast in the morning."

"You're too good to me."

"I know, dear."

"Good night, sweetie."

"Good night, dear."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...