Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 26 - A Letter to My Ex

Flash Fiction Challenge Day 26 - Things you'd say to an ex

Hey there! 

I'm sure you thought you'd never hear from me again. I just found you on Facebook after all these years and I had to get some things off my chest. At the time of our breakup I was very bitter. I mean, come on. You were cheating on me with my best friend (no longer my friend in any capacity). You stole money out of my wallet on a regular basis, though I didn't care much at the time. You always had that way of distracting me. Then there was the time you took my dog to the pound. I know he smelled bad, but he had a condition. It wasn't his fault! But the main thing I wanted to say was that I did not deserve the abuse you heaped upon me! I am a good person who should be respected. You are just mean and selfish. I'm actually glad we broke up because now I have a wonderfully fulfilling relationship with someone who loves and respects me. We are getting married in the fall. So thank you for being such a jerk.

Sincerely,
Jonathan

"Ahh, that felt so good! Buh-bye, Wanda, you bitch." Jonathan re-read the message and nodded with a smile. Then he hit the delete button and closed the browser window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...