Friday, April 29, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 29 - Happy Birthday

Flash Fiction Challenge Day 29 - The night of your 21st birthday

"Viva Las Vegas!" Denny whooped and honked his horn in excitement as he and Sam sped down the highway.

"Are we there yet? I can't wait to see the Liberace Museum!"

Denny glanced at his best friend of ten years and tried not to slap him. "Sam, I know you're not gay, so please stop trying to confuse me."

"What are you talking about? The Liberace Museum is not gay!" Sam paused for a moment. "Okay, so maybe it's sorta gay. But it holds some of the most expensive pianos in the world! I wonder if they'd let me play one of them."

"I doubt it, but we could sneak past the ropes and I'll record you."

"That would be the coolest thing ever!"

"What about getting drunk? Or visiting the local whorehouse? Gambling? No?"

"I dunno, man."

"Don't worry, dude. I'm just kidding. I made reservations at The Excalibur and we have tickets to the jousting tournament show tonight."

"YESSS!"

"Then afterward we're heading over to Treasure Island to watch the pirate ship stunt show."

"Awesome!" Denny could feel Sam's energy buzzing and smiled. "I know what you like. Who says just because you turn 21 you have to drink and gamble? Vegas has much more to offer, like gondola rides, the world's highest roller coaster and the greatest magic acts on the planet."

"You're the best friend ever!"

"I know. Happy Birthday, man."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...