Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Working Out


My daughter and I just started going to the gym together. Her new school does not offer PE, since it is strictly academic college prep, so I had to make sure she was covered.

I've been a member at this gym for a couple years, but I only go to the group classes. They keep me motivated more than anything. My favorite ones are Dance Aerobics, SharQui (bellydance) and Zumba (I've been a dancer all my life). I had been trying to get my daughter to come to a class, but she refused to dance. She didn't want to learn choreography. Okay, there went Step Aerobics, too.

Recently the gym added Bodyshred. I actually own that Jillian Michaels workout video, so I was very familiar with the program. I knew it would be perfect for my daughter. No choreography, no fast routines to follow, just simple straightforward movements. The class consists of 3 minutes of weight training, two minutes of cardio and one minute of abdominal work. Each group is repeated twice.

I thought it was an hour class like all the others, but thankfully it was only 30 minutes. Halfway through we were both ready to collapse! It was great! Our whole body got a workout and it was over quickly.

It's fun to play at the Y-M-C-A!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...