Sunday, September 20, 2015

Talking to Myself

I just started reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and am enjoying it very much. The writer has a voice very similar to my own, so I totally identify with her. One of my favorite parts so far is the journal she uses for arguing with herself. She uses it to work out problems. I loved it when she lost faith in God. Her journal entry went something like...

"I DON'T BELIEVE IN YOU!!!"
'Then why are you talking to me?"

I thought that was so brilliant! It's like meditation in written form. You ask yourself a question and you keep writing until the answer unfolds. I really need to do that. I already keep a journal, but that's mainly for keeping track of events in my life. I think I will use a private blog page for yelling at myself and asking those tough questions that, hopefully, my inner-self will answer.

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU STARTED THOSE CHARACTER STUDIES?!?"
"ARE YOU EVER GOING TO DRAFT THOSE STORIES?!?"
"START FREEWRITING NOW!!!"
"JUST DO IT!!!"

You get the point.

Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...