Friday, September 18, 2015

Mother and Daughter Time

My daughter and I went to the movies tonight, just us. We saw a film adaptation of one of her favorite books, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. This was something for us to share together, since we read the book trilogy together.

Over the years my daughter has encouraged me to read books that she really loved. She's always been right. I have enjoyed every book she ever suggested. The first time was in fifth grade. Her teacher read The Hunger Games to the class. My daughter, even after the teacher read it aloud, had to get the book for herself. When she pushed me to read it I hesitated. It didn't sound like something I would enjoy. But I love my girl, so I gave it a shot. I was riveted from the very first sentence. The trilogy is now one of my favorites of all time.

Whenever your kids are passionate about something, be more than happy for them. Actually investigate it. You might find you also enjoy it. And then you can bond over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...