Friday, September 11, 2015

Math Gives Me A Headache

Tonight I was trying to help my daughter with her math homework. In order to do that I felt I needed to go through the lesson plan to figure out how it worked. Halfway through I had a mini meltdown. I almost threw something. Actually, I did beat my just-washed pajama top against the bed a few times and shouted, "I hate static cling!!!" It's probably just PMS.

Back to math. My daughter is beyond frustrated, too. She wasn't taught any of these equations in 8th grade and now in 9th grade she is expected to understand it? Why isn't there an introductory lesson that leads into this stuff?

I'm so glad I'm not in high school anymore.

FYI, the image above is SIMPLE compared to what we were looking at tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...