Tuesday, September 22, 2015

GOTHAM Returns!

My daughter's favorite show returned last night. We had to wait a day to watch it on Hulu, but it was worth it!

I'm not a fan of violence, honestly I'm not! But when you have a brilliant show like GOTHAM, you just let it go. It is basically a live-action comic book and the violence is so over the top and ridiculous at times, it's almost laughable.

I love every character on this show, from the random lazy police officers at the GCPD to the hero, James Gordon, to my favorite villain, Oswald Cobblepot (aka Penguin). Heck, even the character I originally couldn't stand has grown on me. Barbara Kean, Jim's ex-girlfriend, was just so uninteresting. Then she got kidnapped by a sadistic serial killer, had an affair with him and murdered her parents. Now she's in Arkham Asylum--or rather an escapee--and is about to become a psycho supervillain! I can't wait!

Meanwhile we have sweet misunderstood Edward Nygma (soon to be The Riddler) slowly going insane and having conversations with his "reflection". Let his story be a lesson to all the bullies out there. You can create people like this with your cruelty.

Then young Bruce Wayne and his loyal sidekick Alfred the ex-superspy-turned-butler discovered a secret room hidden behind the stone fireplace. The door was locked with a digital combination, so of course they had to build a fertilizer bomb and blow the thing of its hinges. Good times.

This is one of the only shows that has me yelling, cheering and talking to the characters. Sometimes my daughter and I shout out the same thing at the same time.

Welcome back, GOTHAM. You've been missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...