Friday, September 18, 2015

Jinkies!

This short story was inspired by this hilarious photo.

"You guys go on ahead without me. I'm going to the bathroom," Velma called out. She watched as Fred, Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby headed off toward the concession stand. Detective work sure did make them hungry, especially Scooby...and Shaggy. She had more important things to do. This was Comic-Con! And she wasn't leaving without meeting her secret crush. She just didn't want her friends to know about it.

She sneaked back down the way they had just come. She had seen a few of the X-Men at the end of the hallway and had to get back there fast. She hadn't seen the one she sought, but he must be close by. Scott Summers (aka Cyclops); he was so dreamy. She heaved a sigh. It's not like he would ever be interested in a frumpy four-eyed nerd like her anyway. She just had to get a closer look at him, then she could check that task off her bucket list.

As she scurried around the corner she ran into something hard and bounced off. Someone grunted. Her glasses went flying! "Jinkies! My glasses!" She dropped to her knees and felt around for them.

"Stay back, miss! My visor has fallen off!"

Velma gasped. "Scott? Is that you?" She waved her hands around on the floor frantically. Finally she felt something plastic. It was her glasses. She quickly put them on and saw Scott's visor. She knew he couldn't open his eyes without it. "Hold on, Scott! I've got your back!" She picked up the visor and handed it to him. "Here you go."

Scott covered his eyes and looked at Velma. "It's you," he gasped. "I was just running to find you!"

"You were?" Velma gawked at him.

"Yes. My friends told me you and your friends came this way. I've been wanting to meet you for the longest time!"

"You have?" She was starting to feel like a broken record.

"I really have." He chuckled. "Say, would you like to go get some lunch?"

"Would I? I mean...I really would."

They walked off arm in arm to the concession stand. Velma no longer cared what her friends might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...